My Liebster Blog Award!
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers, all in the spirit of fostering new connections. Leibster is German & means ‘dearest’ or ‘beloved’ but it can also mean ‘favorite’ .
It was a nice surprise to find this comment waiting for me today! One of my very nice readers PsychoWatcher (yes, be very afraid), from the “Real Life Monsters” blog, nominated me for this award … and hopefully it will inspire some new friends to come and visit. Yay! Please go and check out her blog, if only to be utterly fascinated. I personally have to take her posts in small doses because of the subject matter, but it is ALWAYS fascinating.
I, in turn, will nominate a few bloggers that have become my favorite go-to reads. There are quite a few, actually, so I will have a tough time choosing! To those that I choose: I am Liebster-ing you! See how I just turned that into a verb? New trend people. Heard it here first!
1. The very first blog that comes to mind is: “Who says that?”. Becky says that, that’s who. Duh! I’m sorry, but this girl is just goddamn funny. If only she would post more frequently…sighhhhhh… But if you go and visit her and TELL her to post, then maybe she will. I have a feeling she can be bossed around by her fans. And look! A post! From today! I’m so out of touch…Hold on because I seriously have to read this before I do more awards. I think she’s THAT funny.
2. Blog number two would definitely have to go to “So what are you making for dinner?”. Because seriously, every time I read this blog I get hungry. It can be at 7 in the morning, and I can be reading a post about fish, and yep, drool. Plus, the family spirit and connections that are a running thread throughout the posts will make you smile. There are maybe 2 people in my entire family that can cook this well! She’s got a whole crew of people who can cook like her!
3. I always pay this blog a visit when I want to smile. My friend at “Hedgehog Blog” is not only a self-described “Disabled Mom”, but she’s raising two kids and posting the cutest things about them AND planning her wedding! This girl is putting us all to shame! There are a lot of us out here that can hardly get through the day as it is. So go ahead and throw in some surgeries and hospital visits, while still keeping your sanity. Go ahead I dare you. Then do that and plan your freaken wedding! Therefore she get’s 2 plugs from me. If you want to see the cutest wedding blog, please also visit “Ready, Set, Happily Ever After”. Why are you still here? GO!
4. Now this next blog has a GREAT name if I do say so myself. “Deb’s Sunny Place” is a newer blog that I’ve started to read. I will say this…INTERESTING, with a capital interesting! You will find everything from politics (and not the usual stuff, the really GOOD stuff) to Space and NASA and UFO’s, which I love, all the way to Fluoride and Numerology! See? Totally good stuff here. I like that it’s not all about one topic, and I can be surprised! I will be visiting this blog more often and I’m glad I found it!
5. My final nomination goes to (drumroll) “Cate’s World Kitchen”. I’m almost positive I gave her another award over a year ago, but she’s so worthy! This blog combines my two loves, again…food! And running! The photos are glorious and of course the food! And the running! Very inspiring. This blog makes me get off my butt and go…eat! Ha ha. You thought I would say “run” but you were wrong. You don’t know me very well I’m guessing.