7. Relaxation Methods for kids http://www.innerhealthstudio.com/relaxation-for-children.html
Jack: I’m already relaxed, and that doesn’t work anyway!
6. Positive Affirmations http://www.planetofsuccess.com/blog/2015/powerfully-positive-affirmations-for-kids/
Jack: I am awesome! No need to affirm.
5. Five essential commands you can teach your dog. https://www.cesarsway.com/dog-training/obedience/5-essential-commands-you-can-teach-your-dog
Jack: Mom, you’re not doing it right. Show her the treat!!!!
4. School lunch Calendar. https://www.trumbullps.org/Attachments/food/menu/mid.pdf
me: Jack, I don’t have time to pack you a lunch, so you’ll have to eat school lunch today.
Jack: That food is for scrubs. I guess I’ll go hungry!
me: I think it’s taco day.
Jack: Oh never mind, their tacos are awesome!
3. Webster Arena Parking. http://www.websterbankarena.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205157093
Jack: I don’t even like twenty one pilots, that is the worst present ever!
me: Well, I didn’t know that. And if I can’t sell the tickets, we are going.
Jack: Mom, I changed my mind, I really really really want to go!
2. Invisible fence company. http://www.freedomfence-ny.com/
Jack: That’s awesome! I can’t wait until I can just let Moca outside, and not have to walk her.
me: You still have to walk her.
1. Which Oyster Ticket to purchase in London. http://www.sandyhookpromise.org/startwithhelloweekemail
Jack and I are going to London in April. Just me and him. No dog. No cat. Just a real vacation. I may even delete my work email for that week. Ha!
Jack: OMG I can’t believe we’re really going to London!
me: We can visit all the Doctor Who spots and go on the London Eye!
Jack: Where are we staying?
me: In a hotel.
Jack: Very funny.
me: Jack, I don’t want you walking around getting ready for bed with your iPod stuck to your face. Put it down and use it when you’re done.
Jack: But I’m just watching videos!
me: Take a little break and use it later or tomorrow please.
Jack: But why?
me: Because if you have that glued to your face all day you’re not giving yourself a chance to be creative and use your own imagination. It’s doing all the thinking for you and you’re not creating anything with your own brain.
Jack: But I get all my creative ideas from the videos I watch.
me: I … Uh… Sigh.
Sometimes I just run out of arguments.
Here’s the text exchange Jack and I had this morning 🙂
me: What are you talking about? (We were watching The Zookeeper for the hundredth time… “How long have you been able to talk?” “Well let’s see, today’s Tuesday… So… Always?” Good stuff…)
Jack: (Played the part over so I could see it again.) See? It’s soooo cool.
me: Where’d you learn that?
Jack: Film camp.
me: Oohhh right. Would you want to go back there again maybe?
Jack: It was cool but I didn’t like being away from my friends for two whole weeks.
Jack: And you. Plus I had to rough it down there.
me: Rough it? In Manhattan? At film camp. Really.
Jack: Mom, they had the SLOWEST wifi everrrrrr!
me: Oh geez you’re not serious.
Jack: First world problems.
Ok I lied, there are no more U2 references.